CLEANLIFT MARINE OCCUPATIONAL, HEALTH & SAFETY POLICIES
We wish to advise that Cleanlift Marine will be instituting a new O,H & S Contractor management program. This program is in response to the increasing legislative requirements in Tasmania.
The following requirements now apply and any person not meeting these requirements from that date on will not be allowed access to the yard.
Contractors approved to perform work on any vessel, equipment, or within any Cleanlift Marine premises must be inducted before work commences. The induction shall include all areas of the company’s OHS policies and procedures that relate to the contractors work, equipment and environment.
Contractors must ensure that all procedures are followed while on Cleanlift Marine property.
A register of approved contractors will be developed and regularly reviewed. To be on this register Contractors must meet the following criteria:-
- Provision of evidence of OHS procedures covering the contractors planned operations
- Be able to comply with Cleanlift Marine OHS policies and procedures
- Completing Cleanlift Marine pre-qualification contractor checklist to the required standard
Any contractor who fails to follow the procedures applicable to their work will be removed from the register of approved Cleanlift Marine contractors.
Before work commences
To ensure that all contractors perform their work in a safe manner, the contractor must ensure the following requirements are implemented before work commences:-
- The pre-qualification checklist is completed and relevant forms and licenses have been submitted by the contractor to the required standard
- A safety induction is carried out by Cleanlift Marine outlining all areas of Cleanlift Marine OHS policy and procedures that relate to the contractors work, equipment and environment.
- Any equipment used by the contractor is in safe working order.
- Arrangements are made for the appropriate supervision of contractors.
- Complete the pre-qualification contractor checklist
- Undertake site safety requirements/induction process
- Adhere to Cleanlift Marine OHS policies and procedures
- Advise of any incidents or near misses that occur to their personnel on Cleanlift Marine property while undertaking work
- Co-operate in investigations of incidents or near misses
- Participate when requested in consultation and communication processes
If a Contractor fails to comply the contractor will be removed from the list of contractors and will no longer be allowed to undertake work in the yard.
If you have any queries regarding the above or wish copies of the relevant documentation please contact me on the number below.
Manager Cleanlift Marine
0417 136 125
6 Negara Crescent
Cleanlift Marine Complex.
6 Negara Crescent. Goodwood. Tas. 7010.
Tel: 0417 126 125.
Fax: 0362 729331.
ABN: 74 009 590 050.